Sunday 19 October 2014

I Will Survive ... A Grad Cover Version You Must Sing!

I had a blast at the Graduate School Survival Skills GHC session. It was about surviving, but most of all thriving in graduate school! I have posted session notes here. We ended the session with this version of I will survive (It's a must go-to karaoke song for all grad students! To be sung to the tune of "I Will Survive"):

At first I was afraid, I was petrified
Thinking I could never do research, I'd have to hide
I spent so many nights thinking all I did was wrong
I grew strong
I learned how to carry on
Now my groove's back!
From a dark place.
I just walk in and people leave
with love of my research taste
I have changed the way I work
Now I know that was the key
And I know for just one second
Grad school doesn't bother me

And now I'll go! Walk out the door

I'm turned around now
Doubt's not welcome anymore
I used to feel so very hurt that I could cry
I thought I'd crumble
I thought I'd lay down and die
Oh no, not!!
I will survive!
As long as I know how to think
I'll make ir out alive
I've got all my life to live
I've got all my thoughts to give
And I'll survive
I will survive!
Hey, hey!

Stay great,
Daniella


Daniella is a Master's student in Electrical and Computer Engineering at Carleton University. One of her dreams is to inspire more women to embrace STEM careers and unleash their full potential. Although she is hardworking and can be very serious, she enjoys comedy and dancing, has a big sense of humour, and believes that a little kindness goes a long way!
@niyodanie

No comments:

Post a Comment